BENEFITS AND RISK OF TAKING FLAX SEEDS
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest crops. They are packed with antioxidants called lignin—polyphenols that provide benefits for cellular health and anti aging.
WHY TO TAKE FLAX SEEDS ?
Flax seeds provide antioxidant support to the heart, bones, skin, hair and eyes and are an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids. It also help benefit the skin and hair by providing essential fats as well as b-vitamins which can reduce dryness and lower risk of heart disease.
BENEFITS OF FLAX SEEDS.
1. Protecting against cancer: Consuming flaxseed may help protect against prostate, colon, and breast cancers. Flaxseed is thought to prevent the growth of cancerous cells because its omega-3 fatty acids disrupt malignant cells from clinging onto other body cells.
2.Lowering cholesterol and improving heart health : Flax seeds are rich in both soluble as well as insoluble fiber which is said to reduce the cholesterol levels in the body.Flax seeds are also rich source of Omega 3 oils which are linked to reduction of cardiovascular problems and thus a healthy heart.
3.Improving blood sugar: There is strong evidence to suggest that consuming flaxseed every day improves glycemic control in obese men.
RISKS OF CONSUMING TOO MUCH FLAX SEED
Consumption of too much flax seed may lead to bloating, abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhoea.It is recommended to keep it's intake in limitation.
There are some reports that some medical conditions may interact with flaxseed. Consult a doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
WHO SHOULD NOT TAKE FLAX SEEDS ?
- If you are pregnant or planning a baby.
- if you are taking any kind of prescribed or un-prescribed medicine.
- If you are suffering from any kind of allergies from food or medicine.
- if you have inflammation of the bowel, heart disease or other heart problems, or high blood pressure.